[ntp:questions] Why does ntp keep changing my conf file?

Daniel Havey dhavey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 18:50:46 UTC 2010

Ha!  Found the little beastie from the init.d script.  Hehe ;^)  I'm smarter than this computer ;^)

/etc/init.d/ntpd start calls a script /usr/local/etc/emulab/ntpstart that has a variable
my $useold = 1;
change it to zero and the beast doesn't overwrite anymore ;^)

Now if only I could get the NTP server to actually work properly, then I will be in business ;^)