[ntp:questions] Why does ntp keep changing my conf file?

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Tue Sep 21 07:41:54 UTC 2010

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Aside from the fact that ntpdate was deprecated a LONG time ago, it is
> really a poor way to try to sync time. ntpd or chrony would be a much
> better choice. Even sntp would work better.

I agree ntpd or chrony are much better than ntpdate to synchronize the
system time. Also, since ntpd's -g parameter has been invented, ntpdate
isn't require anymore to set the system time to a low initial offset before
ntpd is started.

However, ntpdate is still an excellent debugging tool.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren