[ntp:questions] Test ntpd performance

unruh unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca
Sun Sep 26 18:24:53 UTC 2010

On 2010-09-26, R C <rc_work at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thank you for your responses. Sorry about the ambiguity.
>
> 1. Atleast if not a 100,000 all at a time, say 10000 client requests at a time
> hitting the server.

They cannot. All network cards are serial devices. They cannot deliver
1000 or even 2 requests at the same time.
Sso you still have not been very clear as to what you want.

> 2. I want to see how long the server takes to serve a 100,000 requests totally,
> if 5000 or 10000 requests are received at the same time.
> 3. Also, while serving these 100,000 requests, if there are any failures.

YOu will get massive network congestion and collisions if you try. So
yes there will be lots of failures all attributed to the network. YOu
still have not told us what you really want. Why doyou want the answer
to these questions?

The dominant rate limiter is the network-- even if you have a 1Gb
network-- switches, interrupts, etc.

You keep being given the answer and you keep asking.