[ntp:questions] Sure Electronics GPS board: Amazing performance. :-)

Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" at ntp.org
Fri Apr 1 19:54:29 UTC 2011

unruh wrote:
> On 2011-03-31, Terje Mathisen<"terje.mathisen at tmsw.no">  wrote:
>> Based on this I tried to use HyperTrm to send the pdf sample command to
>> turn on WAAS capability:
>
> I think WAAS is turned on by default. My sure lists that it is using
> DGPS but no DGPS station ID or time since source. It gives about a 1.5m
> standard deviation error, which is what you get with WAAS.

Probably not: It does report which sats it is currently tracking and I
have not seen any EGNOS sats listed.

>> $PMTK513,1*28<CR><LF>
>>
>> but it didn't seem to work. It is possible that the EOL sequence needs
>> to be transmitted without any time gap, so I'll write  tiny program to
>> send custom commands.
>
> Use minicom with the Y command to send a file. On garmin they do not
> care that the checksum is sent.

OK, I've realized that HyperTrm can also send files.

OTOH, my first serious piece of programming ever was a terminal emulator
and file transfer program, so hacking together a q&d NMEA sender would
be fun.

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no>