[ntp:questions] Help getting IRIG working

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:02:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Jim Kusznir <jkusznir at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I'm trying to set up a linux ntp server using IRIG as a time source,
> from a SEL 2407 (http://www.selinc.com/sel-2407/).  Unfortunately,
> I've not managed to get this running yet.

I think the best way to verify the gain and levels are set correctly
could be one of the software oscilloscope programs that will plot the
input from line in to the screen.  Verify the signal is using most of
the range and that it s not being clipped.  There are a few free
software 'scopes.  The scope would also allow you to verify that valid
time code is in fact there.

Also I wonder if the line in jack is mono or stereo on your computer
and if stereo the cable supplies signal to both channels.

--
=====
Chris Albertson