[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.6p3 multicast server not visible in orphan peer to peer mode?

Wu, Bailey Bailey.Wu at thalesgroup.com.au
Wed Apr 6 01:12:03 UTC 2011

Harlan,

Yes the HP-UX clients are running xntp3.5f and yes I know it is a really old version. But I it runs on a production machine which I have no control over. Upgrading the clients are unlikely due to the applications they run, which depend on ntp to some extent. I'm am only starting to explore the system.

It's interesting to note that with ntp4.2.0 the clients are able to see all 4 sources, but the configuration files 4.2.0 does not seem to work with the newer version of ntp (4.2.6p3).

I find it difficult to configure ntp properly with the current hardware setup we have just by searching of forums online and would really appreciate some expert comments.

Cheers,
BW