[ntp:questions] NTP 4.2.6p3 multicast server not visible in orphan peer to peer mode?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 08:14:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Wu, Bailey
<Bailey.Wu at thalesgroup.com.au> wrote:

> I basically want the following behaviour, Server1 acts as the master ntp server, with Server2 as backup (or vice versa). All clients should synchronise to one server and fail over to the second server if one server goes down.

Can this really be done?   I think the NTP clients will use any clock
that passes the clock selection algorithm. So both servers will be
used unless one fails then the remaining server will continue be used.
 I think this is you really want.

--
=====
Chris Albertson