[ntp:questions] Sure GPS: Programming it now works

Sat Apr 9 04:40:49 UTC 2011

Uwe Klein wrote:
> ( OT: I had looked into GPS attitude "compass" devices
>  for a potential customer.
>  first seen usage some years ago by Armadillo Aerospace
>  for attitude control exorbitantly expensive 5..10k€.
>  I'd like to have a cheap dual antenna device )

GPS for attitude ?

A GPS with an electronic compass could give you a heading,
  (even while not moving).  As opposed to just a GPS track,
  which doesn't take orientation into consideration
   {e.g. moving north while facing west}.

 However for attitude, I would think accelerometers,
  or a gyroscope, would be necessary for six degrees of freedom,
  (perhaps in addition to a magnetoresistive sensor).
   {e.g. upside down, moving north while facing west}.

  will be added to the BlackLists.