[ntp:questions] NTPD can take 10 hours to achieve stability

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Tue Apr 19 07:00:23 UTC 2011

David J Taylor wrote:

>  From chronyc I would need to be able to use a simple Perl script to
> extract the numbers to be plotted - such as the Offset in the graphs
> above.  An easy job if the format is standardised and machine readable.

As I keep saying, offset does not accurately measure time keeping
accuracy.  A low offset can mean that you are tracking traffic
variations on the LAN, or interrupt latency variations, rather than
local clock frequency variations.

It is also a pessimistic estimate of accuracy when everything is locked
up and stable.