[ntp:questions] Windows time question.

DaveB g8kbv at uko2.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 07:36:30 UTC 2011

In article <iom838$i2c$1 at dont-email.me>, david-
taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid says...

> > Hi All.
> []
> > At least, looking in the system error and info logs, after recovering
> > from a lockup, it's related to W32Time going bad, not long after first
> > boot of the day.
> []
> > Idea's brickbats etc welcome...
> >
> > Regards.
> >
> > DaveB.
>
> Dave,
>
> Forget W32Time and use NTP exclusively.  I have it on the portables here,
> which I've used throughout the UK and world-wide.  You can see the
> world-wide entries commented out with the "#" symbol.

 Hi David.  Long time no speak.

I'd ordinarily love to, but this is the works machine I carry arround
places etc.   Our illustrious IT droids have no interest in this, other
than to "Flatten" the machine and re-install the OS.   Anything outside
the normal "Office" apps and "regular" OS issues, they have no knowlege
of.   Heck, I've fixed more IT problems round here than they ever will,
(but I don't go near the office server!)

Cheers.

DaveB.