[ntp:questions] Windows time question.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Thu Apr 21 08:00:41 UTC 2011

> Hi David.  Long time no speak.

Oops, I missed the callsign!  Hope all is well.

> I'd ordinarily love to, but this is the works machine I carry arround
> places etc.   Our illustrious IT droids have no interest in this, other
> than to "Flatten" the machine and re-install the OS.   Anything outside
> the normal "Office" apps and "regular" OS issues, they have no knowlege
> of.   Heck, I've fixed more IT problems round here than they ever will,
> (but I don't go near the office server!)
>
> Cheers.
>
> DaveB.

I might even take the view that "your illustrious IT droids" aren't doing
their job properly if they aren't taking an interest in timekeeping to the
extent of replacing W32Time by NTP in their standard install procedure!
<G>  Perhaps timestamps of actions aren't critical your organisation.  I
hope you may be able to convince them in due course.

Having said that, I've not seen W32Time causing a crash, but my first step
might be to rename the appropriate branches of the registry to try and
make W32Time recreate them from scratch.

73,
David