[ntp:questions] IPv6 support for NTP - need ntp.org code archive for it

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Apr 22 18:45:35 UTC 2011

> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:19:07 -0700
> From: Harlan Stenn <stenn at ntp.org>
> Sender: questions-bounces+oberman=es.net at lists.ntp.org
>
> Wasim,
>
> Most folks use our code in their distribution.

The OpenBSD project has forked its own NTP implementation, OpenNTPD. It
seems to make liberal use of the standard NTP code, but they have
re-done many of the security related parts of the code (or so I'm told).

I have never tried OpenNTPD, but it's from the same team that gave the
world OpenSSH and OpenBSD, so I trust their attention to security issues
if not their ability to keep good time. (But I assume that this is just
lifted from the UDel distribution).

I might also mention that they have no nptv4 distribution for systems
other then OpenBSD at this time. The last portable version was released
five years ago.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)