[ntp:questions] Windows time question.

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sat Apr 23 08:03:10 UTC 2011

"unruh" <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:slrnir4tou.j3t.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
> He did say a "timing receiver". That could mean a GPS receiver
> specifically set up to supply time, including an on board temp
> insensitive crystal to supply the time if the sattelite availability
> goes to low.

.. and I don't think that the US $100 GPS 18x LVC claims to have that.

> Also it is $42 since you need to receive it, unless you happen to be
> visiting Hong Kong.
> And then you have to solder a few wires onto surface mount pins.

.. but you don't need to pay US $100.  Oh, and you do need to solder with
the GPS 18X LVC as well.

Personally, I am delighted with the choice of GPS/PPS receivers now
available at very affordable prices, and welcome the choice.  "You pays
your money and takes your choice".

Cheers,
David