[ntp:questions] NTP/Linux Machine Issue

Wed Apr 27 03:23:38 UTC 2011

Yousif Qaddoura wrote:
> Yes it is virtual machine, the host is linux also with
>  vmware server installed.
> Kinldy note that the host machine's time is correct
>  and it is synchronizing with my NTP 10.200.37.37

Here are some links I've run across in the past related
 to VMware & NTP.  You'll likely need to look at the support
 files for your version of VMware.

13.6. VMware and NTP
<http://psp2.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/VMWareNTP>

9.2.2.1. VMware
<http://psp2.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownOsIssues#Section_9.2.2.1.>

Timekeeping best practices for Linux guests (by Distro)
<http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=1006427>

<http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vmware_timekeeping.pdf>

  will be added to the BlackLists.