[ntp:questions] NetBSD GPS/PPS using 4.2.6p3

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Tue Aug 23 18:36:00 UTC 2011

On 8/23/2011 10:57, David Lord wrote:

> I've only just noticed this.
> Not by default.
>
> On i386 NetBSD-5.1 my kernel conf has amongst other changes
> # options PPS_SYNC
> options PPS_SYNC
>

> However I don't know if it applies to your architecture.

Yes, I've made the same change and recompiled the kernel accordingly.
The PPS code is in the kernel, it's being seen by all the debugging test
code available both from the ntpd source tarball and from code provided
by NetBSD developers.  Both of them are seeing the DCD transition on the
serial port.  I even created a third kernel with a few extra printf()'s
sprinkled throughout the PPS code and they do execute when the debugging
test code is run.  They do NOT execute when ntpd is run.