[ntp:questions] Receiving a message with imsg type - 15

adline.dsilva at wipro.com adline.dsilva at wipro.com
Thu Aug 25 13:33:16 UTC 2011

Hi all,

       I'm new to NTP. Currently I'm facing an issue where, during
shutdown my client application is receiving a message from ntp demon
with message type 15. Since this is an unexpected message type, my
application crashes. Not always ntpd sends this message. Chances of
getting a message are once or twice out of 20-25 trys. Can anyone help
why I'm receiving a ntp message with message type 15?

expected message types are:

enum imsg_type {

                IMSG_NONE,

                IMSG_ADJTIME,