[ntp:questions] Questions about joining pool.ntp.org

NPG nathan at cmpublishers.com
Sat Aug 27 03:34:19 UTC 2011

In the near future, we plan to put a public ntp server online and join
pool.ntp.org.

I think I understand all that needs to be done, but want to bounce it
off some people who know what they are doing, before this project gets
underway.

What we have.
An internal host running NTPd and syncing with 2 stratum 2 servers on
the internet.  All internal hosts syncing with the internal NTP server.

What we plan to do.
Add 1 more stratum 2 server and 2 stratum 1 servers to the internal
server's sync list.
When we are sure that things are working right, make our internal NTP
server accessible to the internet, and join it to pool.ntp.org.

Do I have the right idea?
Am I missing anything?

Long range plans.
Does anyone know the current price of a meinberg M300 with WWVB receiver.
I've asked them for a quote, but haven't heard back yet.
My guess ~ $1,000 - $2,000.

Thanks.

--
Sincerely,