[ntp:questions] Poll time while using PPS

A C agcarver+ntp at acarver.net
Sat Aug 27 04:52:01 UTC 2011

Is it normal for all servers listed in a configuration that includes the
PPS_ATOM refclock to stay at a polling period of 64 seconds regardless
of how long ntpd has been running?

I've been restarting ntpd a lot lately because of the GPS/PPS debugging
from the other thread but I've noticed that even if I leave it overnight
it still shows a poll time of 64 for all servers.  I can undersatnd that
PPS_ATOM should stay at a low polling interval to maintain accuracy but
I would have expected other servers to slowly climb up to 1024.