[ntp:questions] Questions about joining pool.ntp.org

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Aug 28 05:47:38 UTC 2011

"unruh" <unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca> wrote in message
news:slrnj5i9jn.uul.unruh at wormhole.physics.ubc.ca...
[]
> Why would you want to do that? Get a Sure gps receiver for $50 do a bit
> of wiring, and get far greater accuracy than from WWV (assuming that the
> UK does not proceed with its apparent plans to permanantly block GPS.--
> or os that just my own paranoia seeing all of there GPS blocking that
> they are doing?:-)

That's the FCC in the US, Bill, not the UK.  Allowing a high-power signal
on an adjacent frequency to GPS may well block GPS if it is allowed to go
ahead.  The UK GPS events are one-off military tests, like every country
likely carries out.

An example of using the Sure Electronics GPS evaluation board is here.  A
little soldering is required.

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

Cheers,
David