[ntp:questions] Questions about joining pool.ntp.org

Brian Utterback brian.utterback at oracle.com
Sun Aug 28 11:46:11 UTC 2011

On 08/28/11 01:47, David J Taylor wrote:
> That's the FCC in the US, Bill, not the UK.  Allowing a high-power
> signal on an adjacent frequency to GPS may well block GPS if it is
> allowed to go ahead.  The UK GPS events are one-off military tests, like
> every country likely carries out.
>
> An example of using the Sure Electronics GPS evaluation board is here.
> A little soldering is required.
>
>  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Sure-GPS.htm

According to the FCC info, the problem is due to old GPS units not
sufficiently filtering out the adjacent bands that were previously
empty. Since the bands are currently empty, I am not so sure that it is
only older units.

so, does anybody know if the Sure units are susceptible to this problem?

--
blu

violent psychopath who knows where you live. - Martin Golding
Brian Utterback - Solaris RPE, Oracle Corporation.
Ph:603-262-3916, Em:brian.utterback at oracle.com