[ntp:questions] Questions about joining pool.ntp.org

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Sun Aug 28 15:23:21 UTC 2011

"Brian Utterback" <brian.utterback at oracle.com> wrote in message
news:4E5A2A83.6030006 at oracle.com...
[]
> According to the FCC info, the problem is due to old GPS units not
> sufficiently filtering out the adjacent bands that were previously
> empty. Since the bands are currently empty, I am not so sure that it is
> only older units.
>
> so, does anybody know if the Sure units are susceptible to this problem?
>
> --
> blu

The impression I got was that 95% of current GPS units might be affected.
Hand-held, car "sat nav", and many other systems.

Putting anything powerful and widespread next to a weak-signal satellite
band in use by consumer appliances is just plain crazy planning, in fact
it's a complete lack of planning!  IMHO.

Cheers,
David