[ntp:questions] Questions about joining pool.ntp.org

Uwe Klein uwe at klein-habertwedt.de
Wed Aug 31 09:15:31 UTC 2011

David J Taylor wrote:
> How does this square with those who claim 4ns from their GPS devices?

Pfft.

The defining document is rather old I guess. A lot happened in between.
( I looked into GPS in my diploma thesis ~1987 and not much after that )

GPS over time is not a static thing. Space and Ground Segment have
changed quite a bit. And most everybody today is working from
the Coarse Aquisition signal only with precission attributed
initially to the P/Y-Code.

And notice that most modern receivers have channels galore.

What happens if you resolve time from a massively overdetermined
setup? ( today you see and work on 10..16 sats at any time )

uwe