[ntp:questions] ntp server pool advice

ben slimup slimup78 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 01:07:22 UTC 2011

Dear all,

Thank you very much for support,

i do not have 1000,000 client, i need those ntp servers to serve a load  between 100000 to 1000000 clients
over a public network with an accuracy of 100ms

those clients will use dns round robin to resolve 4 external ip, 2 IPs on each site.
 i have 4 servers with 4 ntp server slot card each ( meinberg M900)
1 ntp server card can support 10,000 request.

how can implement that with  load balancing between site?
do 8 ntp servers per site enough to support request for min 100000 to 1million clients
and be load balanced between site with round robin?

on each site, do all servers need to be on the same subnet?
do i need more than 4 external ip addresses to nat all of ntp server on each site?

again thanks for all