[ntp:questions] NTP client with ability to write Windows NT system time to hardware clock?

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Tue Feb 1 22:39:44 UTC 2011

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Brolin,
>
> sorry for the late reply. I've been offline due to a really bad cold.

I have kept deferring replying to your message, at least partly because
of the nature of the medium.  However, I am glad to report my hardware
clock has been sufficiently accurate since I ran “ntpdate-debian”
followed by “hwclock -w --utc” on Ubuntu probably at least 2 weeks ago.
  I know I should keep (better) records, but at least I am satisfied
even without the ability to write the Windows NT system time to the
hardware clock.  After synchronising brolin-N900 with time.windows.com ,
brolin-V13 is 8 seconds behind brolin-N900 .  I know this may be
significant for certain applications, but it is good enough for me.