[ntp:questions] How to keep Linux server in Chicago and Mumbai in sync to within 5 microseconds

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 17:03:27 UTC 2011

>> On 1/11/2011 4:15 PM, Vikas wrote:
>> > The vendors are trying to sell me CDMA time clocks
>> > http://www.endruntechnologies.com/time-frequency-reference-cdma.htm

Did anyone READ the link above?  (I'll admit to not doing so until
recently)  Right on that page they say:

" 1 PPS signal which is synchronized to UTC at the 10-microsecond
level of accuracy."

The OP asks if there is an easier way less costly way.  He should have
asked if this would even meet his requirements.  Clearly the answer is
"no".  Find a different vendor that will listen and sell what you ask
for.
This product pretty much disqualifies itself from consideration.  It
is at least 20 times less accurate than is what is needed.

--
=====
Chris Albertson