[ntp:questions] GPX18x LVC 3.50 firmware - high serial delay problem workround

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at skynet.be
Sun Jan 16 10:03:12 UTC 2011

On 16/01/11 09:11, Chris Albertson wrote:
> No, if it is not _processed" right at the UTC second it is pointless.
> The Motorola GPS allows you to adjust the timing of the pulse to
> account for delay in the antenna feed line and serial line.

I was also thinking about avoiding interrupt collisions. In an ideal
world, if the PPS interrupt occurs exactly at the UTC second it is going
to coincide with the system's timer interrupt, is it not? That's even if
the system has only one PPS source.

So if the GPS receiver is capable of shifting its PPS signal in time,
why not shift it to a quiet part of the second in interrupt terms, and
then fudge that away in ntpd?

Cheers, Jan