[ntp:questions] PC DCF-77 signal emulation?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 19:56:59 UTC 2011

I'm working on one for the US based WWVB signal.  I found I needed a
good simulator to test my decoder.    To use this as a GPS converter
what you'd do is fist run NTP on the computer, connect a GPS so the
computer's clock is sync'd at the 1uS level and then software generate
time code based on the system clock and it's correct to a few uS.  Not
quite the compact converter you want but does the job.

A WWVB simulator is very simple but I want to use it for testing so
I'm adding features like the abilty to add random noise and drop outs
and to run faster than real time or with large offsets to true UTC so
I doubt I'll have it done this weekend.  You asked for DCF-77 but
changing bit encooding to the German standard is easy.

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 10:10 AM, mousmous <user at compgroups.net/> wrote:
> HI,
> I have the same problem. For me even  GPS->DCF77 converter will work but I counl't find such, after long searched. Can someone please advise where I can find such or similar.

=====
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California