[ntp:questions] Antwort: Re: Meinberg software running under Vista/Windows 2008

Radu.Popa at technomatic.de Radu.Popa at technomatic.de
Wed Jul 6 15:41:58 UTC 2011

Thank you for your answer, but can this limit be specified in the config
file or command line, please?

Regards!

Von:    Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com>
An:     Radu.Popa at technomatic.de
Kopie:  questions at lists.ntp.org
Datum:  07/06/2011 06:11 PM
Betreff:        Re: [ntp:questions] Meinberg software running under
Vista/Windows 2008

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:32 AM,  <Radu.Popa at technomatic.de> wrote:
> ...The problem is that Meinberg is not
> setting up the system clock by itself. However, if I restart the
service,
> it does it at the start, but if I modify the clock afterwards to
simulate
> an offset, it still does not sync system clock.

There is a maximum limit and if the time offset is larger than that
ntpd basically gives up and stops.  I guess the idea was that
something is seriously wrong.   Try the experiment again but this time
modify the clock by about two seconds.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California