[ntp:questions] Atomic Signal Transmitter/Repeater???

mag3 zmpmag3-ntp at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 12:09:35 UTC 2011

Hello all, new to this group. If an FAQ exists, please point me there and
I'll read up.

Anyway, things where I live have changed such that I no longer receive
the radio broadcast time signals from Ft. Collins, Co. etc. etc. My "Atomic"
wall clocks, even my watches no longer pick it up. My watch does pick up
the signal when I'm staying elsewhere in the country. I have no issues with
NTP protocol for my SOHO at home. That works well.  MY PDC picks up the
NTP signal, and then re-broadcasts it to the other machines via Windows
Time Service.

What I'm looking for (and asking the NG), if they exist, are one or both of
the following:

	1)	A small, low power "transmitter" device that attaches to your SOHO,
		receives the NTP signal, and then re-broadcasts it in "radio broadcast"
		format for all your other atomic clock devices in the house that receive
		via that signal?

	2)	Failing the above (and I'd imagine how the US Authorities might have issues
		with it), then perhaps a set of wall clocks (digital or analog) with either USB
		or RJ-45 NIC ports that can synchronize directly via NTP signals...  I mean
		"Cheap" ones, not "Industry Grade" devices in the $1000+ etc. range.

Pie in the sky, perhaps, but there's no harm in asking...  :-)

Thanks much.