[ntp:questions] Flash 400 on all peers; can't get ntpd to be happy

Uwe Klein uwe_klein_habertwedt at t-online.de
Sat Mar 12 11:11:45 UTC 2011

David J Taylor wrote:
>> Is that NT3.5 fact still valid ?
>>
>> Never understood why anyone would use Windows for real work anyway.
>>
>> The thing that it does best is waiting ever faster for the next
>> keypress from the user.
>>
>> uwe
>

> Perhaps people use Windows because the software they wish to run is only
> available for Windows?  I know that two reasons I develop for Windows
> are that my customers want Windows software, and I don't need to create
> half a dozen different versions for the variants of UNIX-style OSes
> which are out there.  But I also use FreeBSD and Apple's IOS where they
> are more appropriate.
Look at how x-platform OSS software can be without much hassle.
Best organised example : Debian imho.

Getting no traction cross distribution but on the same CPU family
is nearly 100% attributable to not understood dependency and build processes.

Same with all the display and usability problems Adobe has on linux.
Big mouth and a long list of what linux lacks. But OSS software invariably
does not have the issues while not lacking in performance either.

> Oh, and for many people, their interaction with Windows is not mainly
> via the keyboard.

you mean they only do "click and drool" ;-)

> Cheers,
> David

G!
uwe