[ntp:questions] Odd offset for PPS DCD w/ Garmin GPS 18x LVC

lellis larry.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:17:32 UTC 2011

On Mar 23, 11:21 pm, Dave Hart <daveh... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 04:17 UTC, Dave Hart <daveh... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 4.2.7p24 came out in April 2009
>
> Correction: 4.2.7p24 came out 13 April 2010.
>
> > Nothing between p23 and p24 jumps out at me as likely related. I
> > wonder if this cset from October 2010 (first included in 4.2.5p237-RC)
>
> I need coffee.  4.2.5p237-RC came out 26 October 2009.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave Hart

I can only reaffirm my willingness to try any build provided.

I would suppose this is somehow related to the Garmin's weird NMEA
message timing with respect to the PPS output.  I don't remember the
details, and I also know that things changed from the original GPS 18
model to the improved GPS 18x.  And then, there's 3.20 firmware vs
other firmware to bring into the mix.

I still have the older GPS 18 somewhere.   I'll try it to see if
there's a difference.