[ntp:questions] Assistance with PPS on Windows

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed May 4 14:56:29 UTC 2011

[]
> The problem is we cannot get NTP to sync to the PPS output. The PPS
> source shows up in “ntpq –p” however it has 0 reach. System B is
> synced to System A and is a stable Stratum 2 server at the moment.
> MbgMon on System B shows the PPS output on the card is active. The
> IRIG signal is 100% and shows it is synced. I’ve installed the
> serialpps driver, rebooted and verified it was loaded in the Device
> Manager, set the PPSAPI_DLLS global environment variable
> appropriately, etc.
>
> Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

Ken, Dave Hart is the expert in the PPS on Windows.  Could I suggest that
you at least check that the pulses are being seen by checking with my
Serial Port LEDs program?

  http://www.satsignal.eu/software/net.htm#SerialPortLEDs

With NTP not running (as only one device can access the COM port), see
whether there are brief white flashes on the DCD line.

Cheers,
David