[ntp:questions] Two servers, one client : one problem

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Wed May 4 20:01:43 UTC 2011

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

> There is nothing to prevent you from setting the stratum of your atomic
> clock to; e.g. 12.
>
> I fail to see any point in doing so.

You are still confusing atomic clock and reference clock.  There is
nothing to stop one using an atomic clock to provide the PC timing signal.

> Calling something "an atomic clock" does not make it one!!!!!  I was
> referring, or trying to, *the real thing*.

The only people who might do that normally are national standards
organisations, and even then it might be done through a non atomic clock
as an intermediary.