[ntp:questions] Windows time question.

Thu May 5 23:15:34 UTC 2011

David J Taylor wrote:
> I'm surprised it's as bad as more than a second out
>  - but I'll have my portable with me this weekend and
>  if the hotel has Wi-Fi I'll see what I get if I have
>  the chance.

I've been to some hotels in po-dunk (whatever the colloquial
 slang is) Europe;  Wi-Fi via Sat to ISP to internet,
 over utilized, high latency, really low bandwidth, ...

 I've had colleagues in the middle of the South American
  jungle on similar corporate setups at base camps for new
  oil refineries.

  High bandwidth things like Adobe Flash Video will hog all
   their bandwidth, causing a lynch mob to hunt for the offender.

   Nothing like trickling Megs of firmware / software updates
    over something that makes analog dial-up modems look
    good sometimes.

  will be added to the BlackLists.