[ntp:questions] Assistance with PPS on Windows

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Fri May 6 13:20:32 UTC 2011

Ken,

Ken Link wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have two 32 bit Windows XP SP3 machines here for testing an Arbiter
> 1093C GPS clock and a Meinberg TCR511PCI IRIG card. Both systems are
> running NTP 4.2.6p3 stable. System A is synced via serial port to the
> Arbiter clock and is a stable Stratum 1 server. System B has the
> Meinberg IRIG card and is currently having issues.

Would you let me know *which* issues you are having with the card, or with
the time adjustment service from the driver package?

The advantage of PCI card is that programs can read the accurate time
directly from the card at any time, there are no interrupt latencies. So
the time adjustment service should keep the time as accurate as possible
under Windows. If that does not work then it may be due to a configuration
problem and it should not be too hard to solve this.

Take care, I'm biased ;-)

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki