[ntp:questions] ntpd stays synced after loosing gps

Nickolay Orekhov nowhere at mail.ru
Wed May 11 15:29:19 UTC 2011

And what if it has no "other source" ?

May be you could give me an advice on my system. I have one device synced
from GPS and other devices synced from it by NTP. Often there will be only
one NTP server.
When sync server looses GPS I set some variable to "unsync" ( according to
ntpd system status ).
Other devices should also have status "unsync" and stop syncing but they
will continue to sync from unsynced source with stratum 1 infinitely.