[ntp:questions] ntpq print out many clients information, after xntpd is not sycnronize time server

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Sat May 14 08:43:45 UTC 2011

1212mymy at paran.com wrote:

> 1) Why do the AP1 Server printed that messages of client information?

At a guess, because they are broadcast servers, not clients.  Also some
versions of w32time incorrectly try to establish peer connections, at
least in their default configuration, although you don't have
permissions to allow them to force themselves on you so I'm not sure I
would expect them to display.

> 2) Is that correctly printing the informations of clients?

No.  Although you haven't specified a version, and I suppose there could
be  historic bug.

> 3) How can I disappear the clients infomations?

To ntpq
   assoc
   rv association id

to get detailed information on the bogus entries.

> - I have been tried to change the ntp.conf of AP1 Server by various
> means.

Have you tried removing broadcastclient?