[ntp:questions] Loop Filter Gains vs. Polling Interval

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Mon May 16 07:54:00 UTC 2011

David Woolley wrote:
ecause I'm observing that my

> They are linked, but I have a feeling that the loop time constant is not

For clarity, it is the frequency response that varies, but that does
mean that the gain for fast variations reduces.  Note that, because of
the oversampling, the cut off frequency corresponding to poll 8 is
several times (well over an order of magnitude) less than 4mHz (m used
correctly!).

Incidentally, as you have huffnpuff set, your problem may be related to
the problem that needs this setting, or might be an adverse side effect.