[ntp:questions] Loop Filter Gains vs. Polling Interval

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:30:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:21 PM, Mischanko, Edward T wrote:
> Miroslav,
>
> I'm a little confused.  I set the Allan intercept, as you suggested, but
> when you say FLL didn't you mean PLL?  Thanks for your help.

Miroslav's references to FLL (frequency-locked loop) were correct.  Please see:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/discipline.html

which explains the hybrid PLL/FLL clock discipline algorithm.
Miroslav's suggestion would increase the FLL effect at a lower poll
interval/time constant compared to the default.

Cheers,
Dave Hart