[ntp:questions] Ntp not syncing after powerfail of server

M. Giertzsch mgiertzsch at mobotix.com
Wed May 18 09:57:46 UTC 2011

Hello together,

I want to synchronise a local network and there is no uplink to the
outside world.
So I have one dedicated ntp server and all other devices are client of
this server.
Now if there is a powerfail, there is no guarantee that the server has
finished the boot
before the clients have. In this case the time will not be synced.

Is anybody aware of options taking account to this? Does anyone know
threads
or howtos for further reading? Am I doing a mistake or do I have my
clients missconfigured?

--
Best regards,
    M. Giertzsch