[ntp:questions] orphan mode

Nickolay Orekhov nowhere at mail.ru
Thu May 19 17:09:50 UTC 2011

Instead of using orphan mode you could try to setup "local reference clock",
see here http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver1.html

<http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/drivers/driver1.html>Than, It's
not clear why you need orphan mode at all?
In any case you could set orphan stratum ( or stratum of local ref clock )
to any value lower than your external clock sources but higher than 16.
For ex. 8. or 12. It is important that this value should be lower so when no
external clock sources available your clients will choose this local sources
with very bad stratum.