[ntp:questions] "ntpd[7602]: synchronized to"

David Woolley david at ex.djwhome.demon.invalid
Thu May 26 20:28:53 UTC 2011

Florin Andrei wrote:
> Hmm... Both NTP servers are on the same LAN, same hardware and OS like
> the client machine, are synced to public pools, and peered with other
> NTP local servers, both on the same LAN and over a WAN. They seem fine
> to me.

They should be and probably are synchronised to different subsets of the
pool.

I'm not convinced that your changes are actually excessively frequent.

I'm also not convinced they actually matter, as I don't think ntpd
weights the system peer any higher than the other tru-chimers in
calculating the estimated offset from true time.