[ntp:questions] "ntpd[7602]: synchronized to"

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:16:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Dave Hart <davehart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given that requirement, I'd be tempted to use a single upstream server
> for all cluster members, plus orphan mode.

I should have elaborated that I meant orphan mode where all cluster
members use every other member as a potential source, whether via peer
or server directives in ntp.conf, or via a "manycast cloud" approach
where each cluster member is both a manycast server and client sharing
the same symmetric key, ID, and multicast IP address.  The manycast
cloud approach is lower maintenance after more work up front, as you
can add and remove servers without editing ntp.conf on the rest.

Cheers,
Dave Hart