[ntp:questions] NTP and WinXP

lelonga at free.fr lelonga at free.fr
Tue Nov 8 17:52:53 UTC 2011

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to configure the ntp client (w32time) of a computer that runs XP to synchronize with a ntp server running on a linux server.

Does anybody know where I can set the stratum of the XP computer?

(I get the following error when I try to synchronize: "The time sample was rejected because: The peer's stratum is less than the host's stratum".

I found two entries in the windows registry (AnnounceFlags and InputProvider) that could help but I can't find the solution.

Need help! :)

Thanks in advance.