[ntp:questions] Seeing large jitter and delay in recent ntpd and recent Solaris

Fran fran.horan at jhuapl.edu
Wed Nov 9 21:28:38 UTC 2011

Thanks Chuck,

We have other real time processing occuring on the system and are sensitive to offset errors, so we want ntpd to run at the highest real time priority.

Irregardless of the priority levels, don't you think that if SIGPOLL is sent to the ntpd process then select() called in that SIGPOLL signal handler should get a non-zero return ?

I'll try a run with binding to proc 1 and see what happens, tomorrow.

Thanks,
Fran