[ntp:questions] Trimble Resolution T

Hal Murray hal-usenet at ip-64-139-1-69.sjc.megapath.net
Tue Oct 18 09:40:28 UTC 2011

In article <CAEdntmvd6k2P_QQtGR59zyOzjiix8iKpJ2KQNBoEb2p=pdkp2A at mail.gmail.com>,
 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Miguel_Gon=E7alves?= <mail at miguelgoncalves.com> writes:

>Excluding the Garmins and Sure Evaluation Boards which both have PPS
>outputs what are the best (meaning well supported) refclocks today to
>set up a new server?

I don't know of any other simple low cost GPS receivers that are good
for timing.  (There are lots of cheap USB-GPS units, but all the ones
I've tried are poor to worse for timing.)

The next step up is a GPSDO.  New units are expensive, but you can
sometimes find recycled ones on eBay for a reasonable price.  Look for
HP Z3801A and Trimble Thunderbolt.  Read up a bit before you
spend any money.  They need power and an antenna.