[ntp:questions] Adjusting PPS offset

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 00:26:33 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 4:34 PM, A C <agcarver+ntp at acarver.net> wrote:

> What I meant was what method is the best way to determine the value of
> time1.

That is what I meant above when I said, setting it is easy.  Knowing
what to set it the is the hard part.  The simplest way is to connect
with a few pool servers then "Fudge" your GPS' time for best match to
the Internet servers.

The get better then that means you need a trusted source of UTC time.
For most of us that would mean having a "few" GPS receivers of
different brands and times and hardware (Like a Universal Counter)
that can measure the phase between PPS signals.  When you get to this
level you are going to have to measure cable lengths.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California