[ntp:questions] ntpd keep trying preferred servers?

Rolf Muth rolf.muth at web.de
Tue Sep 6 19:53:19 UTC 2011

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> Thanks - sorry I missed some of that info from you previous message.
>
> We added initial support for dynamic interfaces in 4.2.4.  Numerous
> bugfixes and improvements have been added since then.
>
> I recommend you try the latest -stable code (unless you are up for the
> latest -dev code, which we belive is very stable and is about to become
> 4.2.8).
>
> If you are running ntpd on the machine that has the dynamic interface
> then it should be detecting this.  If your machines are talking to a
> router or access point that has the dynamic interface, I'd recommend you
> either run NTP on that machine (best solution) or hardwire the NTP
> config file on your machines to poll for time once a minute, so when
> your link does come up you'll get a few polls in there.

Thank you for the information, but automatically restarting ntp is not a
problem.
The configuration is sometimes changing (desktop with router or direct,
laptop travelling) and ntp always keeps the time right on both machines..

The only problem I encounter, is a wlan access point, that blocks udp. Did
you change that, too?

--
Herzliche Grüße!
Rolf Muth