[ntp:questions] Garmin 18 LVC high offset and jitter

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Mon Sep 19 13:57:14 UTC 2011

> Found out what the problem is...
>
> The device has definetely lost its configuration but isn't able to keep
> the
> saved configuration.
>
> I went to the configuration software and used the option "Get
> Configuration
> from GPS" then changed the PPS length to 200 ms then "Send Configuration
> GPS". When I do it again it stays at 20 ms.
>
> I have an unusable GPS on the roof. :-(
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Miguel

Miguel,

Just some odd thoughts....

I think that the default should be 100ms, so you could try a factory
reset.  You might consider whether reprogramming the firmware would help
(in case that also does a factory reset).

I would have thought that 20ms was a long enough pulse to be detected, so
perhaps there is an option you can set in NTP or any supporting software.

If you do need to replace the Garmin 18 LVC, you will find the more recent
Garmin 18x LVC is a lot more sensitive, and simply being in a window may
allow it to get enough signal.

Cheers,
David