[ntp:questions] Google and leap seconds

Marco Marongiu brontolinux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:06:36 UTC 2011

Il 21/09/2011 16:51, Brian Utterback ha scritto:
> Define "the right way".

>From my original message, and D.Hart's reply, I'd say the right way
would be that the system support either to have a second 60 after the
second 59 (leap insertion) or that second 00 follows 58.

But this would break POSIX...

While Google's and similar solution seem to break your point 3.

> There is only
> the "way that bests meets your needs".

I agree. That's why I asked if it was sensible to implement some
different solutions in ntpd, and proposed one.

Ciao
-- bronto